- Total number of questions : 10.
- Time alloted : 10 minutes.
- Each question carry 1 mark.
- No Negative marks
- DO NOT refresh the page.
- All the best :-)
What You Will Learn in
Important Union Budget Highlights (2019-20):
- Absolute Receipts and Total Expenditure= Rs 27,86,349
- Crore Fiscal Deficit is pegged at 3.3% of the GDP
The Finance Minister has laid a 10 point-Vision for the decade to enable Indian Economy to develop significantly. They are
Part 1: Schemes
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) – NEW SCHEME
- The plan will be managed by Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying
- Aim: to advance processing in fishery segment.
- Outlay: Rs 3,737 crore
- Phase-II of FAME Scheme (For electric vehicle) – OLD SCHEME
The Phase II of FAME Scheme (Faster Adoption and Manufacture of Electric Vehicles) has initiated from April 01, 2019 with an expense of Rs 10,000 Crore for a long time. The plan intends to support quicker reception of Electric Vehicles.
- Phase 2 of Bharatmala Project (For Highay Projects) – OLD SCHEME
After consummation of stage 1 of Bharatmala, in the subsequent stage, the States will be created state street systems.
- Pradhan Mantri Karam Yogi Maandhan Scheme (PM-SYM) – Pension Scheme – Old Scheme
- The Pension Scheme has now been reached out to brokers and little business people with yearly turnover not as much as Rs 1.5 Crore.
- Benefit: This pension yojana will give the recipient a guaranteed month to month pension of Rs 3,000 from the age of 60 years.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin (PMAY-G) – To achieve Housing for all by 2022 – Old Scheme
- A sum of 1.54 crore rustic homes have been finished over the most recent five years.
- In the second period of PMAY-G, during 2019-20 to 2021-22, 1.95 crore houses are proposed to be given to the qualified recipients.
- Average number of days for finish of houses has diminished from 314 days in 2015-16 to 114 days in 2017-18.
- Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) – Old Scheme
- 30,000 kms of PMGSY streets have been fabricated utilizing Green Technology, Waste Plastic and Cold Mix Innovation.
- For this PMGSY-III is visualized to update 1,25,000kms of street length throughout the following five years, with an assessed cost of 80,250 crore.
- Scheme of Fund for Upgradation and Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI) – Old Scheme
- Aim: to set up increasingly Common Facility Centers for creating supported work openings.
- SFURTI imagines 100 new groups in 2019-20.
- Scheme for Promotion of Innovation, Rural Industry and Entrepreneurship’ (ASPIRE)- Old Scheme
- Aim: to Promote Rural Entrepreneurship
- The Scheme examines to set up 80 Livelihood Business Incubators (LBIs) and 20 Technology Business
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan – Old Scheme
- 6 crore toilets have been developed since Oct 2, 2014. More than 5.6 lakh towns have progressed toward becoming Open Defecation Free (ODF).
- Now it is proposed to grow the Swachh Bharat Mission to embrace maintainable strong waste the executives in each town.
- Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDSA)- Old Scheme
- Aim: For computerized proficiency
- Over two crore country Indians have so far been made carefully proficient.
- Bharat-Net is focusing on web availability in neighborhood bodies in each Panchayat in the nation by March 2020.
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Urban (PMAY-U) – Old Scheme
- 81 lakh houses have been endorsed (with a speculation of about 4.83 lakh crores).
- of which development has begun in around 47 lakh houses.
- Over 26 lakh houses have been finished of which almost 24 lakh houses have been conveyed to the recipients.
- Over 13 lakh houses have so far been developed utilizing these new advancements.
Part 2: Facts and Figures
Railroad Infrastructure would require a speculation of 50 lakh crores between 2018-2030.
One Nation, One Grid-Similar to the legislatures fruitful model of intensity network i.e One Nation, One Grid, the administration will currently set up a plan for creating gas networks, water frameworks, I-ways, and territorial airplane terminals.
Under the Interest Subvention Scheme for MSMEs, 350 crore has been dispensed for FY 2019-20 for 2% interest subvention for all GST enlisted MSMEs.
Zero Budget Farming has been proposed by the Finance Minister to twofold the salary of ranchers by 2022. It implies common cultivating.
Investment and Banking
1.)India's first indigenously created installment environment for vehicle, in light of National Common Mobility Card (NCMC) guidelines, propelled in March 2019.
2.)India requires speculations averaging Rs 20 lakh crores each year (USD 300 billion per year) for foundation financing.
3.) A Credit Guarantee Enhancement Corporation will be set up in the current monetary year as a component of the measures to develop the security showcase.
- FDI inflow in India in 2018-19 was at US$ 64.375 billion at a development of 6% over earlier year.
- for each confirmed ladies SHG part having a Jan Dhan Bank Account, an overdraft of 5,000 will be permitted. One lady in each SHG will likewise be caused qualified for a credit to up to 1 lakh under the MUDRA Plan.
- Government has easily completed union, decreasing the quantity of Public Sector Banks by eight.
- six Public Sector Banks have been empowered to leave Prompt Corrective Action system.
- Public Sector Banks are currently proposed to be additionally given 70,000 crore funding to lift credit for a solid driving force to the economy.
- For buy of high-appraised pooled resources of monetarily solid NBFCs, adding up to an aggregate of Rupees one lakh crore during the current budgetary year, Government will give one time a half year's incomplete credit assurance to Public Sector Banks for first loss of up to 10%.
- steps will be taken to isolate the NPS Trust from PFRDA with proper hierarchical structure.
- To encourage on-shoring of global protection exchanges and to empower opening of branches by outside reinsurers in the International Financial Services Center, it is proposed to lessen Net Owned Reserve prerequisite from 5,000 crore to 1,000 crore.
- Government is setting an upgraded objective of 1,05,000 crore of disinvestment receipts (for Strategic disinvestment of select CPSEs) for the monetary year 2019-20.
- Har Ghar Jal (channeled water supply) to every single country family unit by 2024 under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- A measure of 400 crore has been given under the head, "World Class Institutions", for FY 2019-20 for improving the principles of Indian Institutes on worldwide level. It is proposed to begin a program, 'Study in India', that will concentrate on acquiring remote understudies to think about our higher instructive organizations.
- The Government is creating 17 notable Tourism Sites into world class traveler goals and to serve as a model for other the travel industry destinations.
- put 100 lakh crore in framework throughout the following five years
- National Highway Program to be rebuilt to guarantee a National Highway Grid, utilizing a financeable model.
- Rashtriya Swachchta Kendra to be introduced at Gandhi Darshan on October 2, 2019.
Tax and Tax Slab:
- The direct tax revenue has expanded by over 78% from 6.38 lakh crore in Financial Year 2013-14 to around 11.37 lakh crore in Financial Year 2018-19.
- Corporate Tax rate decreased to 25% for organizations with yearly turnover up to Rs. 400 crore. (Prior it was 25% for upto Rs 250 crore).
- In request to help monetary development and Make in India, the administration will dispatch a plan to welcome worldwide organizations through a straightforward aggressive offering to set up super assembling plants in dawn and trend setting innovation regions, for example, Semi-conductor Fabrication (FAB), Solar Photo Voltaic cells, Lithium stockpiling batteries, Solar electric charging foundation, Computer Servers, Laptops, and so on. furthermore, give them venture connected annual expense exclusions under segment 35 AD of the Income Tax Act, furthermore, other aberrant tax breaks.
- For electric Vehicle: Government will give extra personal duty finding of 1.5 lakh on the intrigue paid on credits taken to buy electric vehicles. Likewise as Government has officially moved GST gathering to bring down the GST rate on electric vehicles from 12% to 5% there would be an advantage of around 2.5 lakh over the advance time frame to the citizens who take advances to buy electric vehicle.
- For Housing: interest paid on lodging credits is permitted as a derivation to the degree of 2 lakh in regard of self-involved property. Extra finding up to Rs. 1.5 lakhs for interest paid on advances acquired up to 31st March, 2020 for buy of house esteemed up to Rs. 45 lakh. By and large advantage of around Rs. 7 lakh over advance time of 15 years.
- PAN and Aadhaar to be made exchangeable for citizens.
- Customs Duty on Gold expanded to 12.5% from 10%.
International Financial Services Centre (IFSC)- Direct tax incentives proposed for an IFSC:
- 100 % benefit connected finding in any ten-year hinder inside a fifteen-year time span.
- Exemption from profit dispersion charge from present and gathered pay to organizations and common assets.
- Exemptions on capital increase to Category-III Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs).
Indirect Tax and GST
- 17 assessments and 13 cesses wound up one duty under GST.
- 5% Basic Custom Duty forced on imported books.
Part 3: Proposals
Kindly note these are just proposed starting at now and you can see such changes or results in not so distant future
- 100% Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) will be allowed for insurance intermediaries.
- It is proposed to begin a program, 'Study in India', that will concentrate on carrying outside understudies to think about in our higher instructive organizations.
- expanding least open shareholding in the recorded organizations from 25% to 35%.
- to streamline various labour laws into a lot of four labour codes.
- Create an electronic raising support stage – a social stock trade - under the administrative ambit of Protections and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for posting social undertakings and willful associations working for the acknowledgment of a social welfare objective so they can raise capital as value, obligation or as units like a shared reserve.
- sorting out a yearly Global Investors Meet in India, utilizing National Infrastructure Investment Fund (NIIF) as the stay.
- increment as far as possible for FPI interest in an organization from 24% to sectoral outside venture limit to shape 10,000 new Farmer Producer Organizations, to guarantee economies of scale for ranchers over the next five years.
- to set up a National Research Foundation (NRF) to store, facilitate and advance research in the nation. NRF will acclimatize the examination awards being given by different Ministries free of each other.
- a National Sports Education Board for Development of Sportspersons would be set up under Khelo India Plan.
- consider issuing Aadhaar Card for Non-Resident Indians with Indian Passports after their landing in India without sitting tight for 180 days.
- to restore the guideline specialist over the housing finance sector from NHB to RBI.